Sunday, November 19, 2023

The Lamb alone is Jesus in Revelation 4:1-22:5

The vision starts in Revelation 4:1 and then in Revelation 22:5 the text returns to the original framing device.

I have come to view in the vision only The Lamb as specifically Jesus and only Jesus.  Everything else that seems at first like a reference to Jesus because it's referencing a title of Jesus from elsewhere involve titles of Jesus that were never actually unique to Jesus, The Son of Man is a title of all Human Beings not just Jesus.

This is especially true of The Rider on The White Horse in chapter 19, the language used of him mostly comes from the Promises to The Overcomer from chapter 2-3.  Ruling the Nations with a Rod of Iron connects him to the Man Child of chapter 21 which Isaiah 66 confirms is the reborn nation of Israel. 

The Rider on The White Horse in chapter 19 and perhaps also of chapter 6 is believers on Earth who are "conquering" the world but not in a military sense.  The word translated "Conquering" and "to conquer" in Revelation 6 is actually the word everywhere else translated Overcoming or Overcome.

This has become vital to my new Post-Millennial reading of Revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mark Antony and Daniel 11:36-45

I said before that I'm fluctuating between different views on this passage, and the Mark Antony theory is one I figure I better make my ...